maanantaina, syyskuuta 15, 2008

My first update in English

I have a good reason to write a short note in English. This update is dedicated to Amy and her family in Ireland and to Emilio in Colombia - my best wishes to all of you.

The reason I'm awake this late is that in the night time it's the best time for me to work. In the night time, if ever, I'm efficient. So, I was working on my thesis. Yet again.

I'm sick of listening to the recordings and writing down everything that is said and done during those two almost hour long interviews. And I'm also sick of flipping page after page trying to find some valid information on contemporary folk arts. And most of all I'm sick of trying to write scientific text. However, two weeks and my thesis should not be bothering me ever again. Two weeks and my thesis won't be acceptable reason to skip gym, meetings... Well, anything.

Tomorrow I've got two meetings and I should prepare the first one, at least. I should come up with some essential and actual issues to add to the agenda. Grrrreat. But after hours of meetings, I'll reward myself with a laid-back road trip towards Lapland. It's my nephews baptism on the following Saturday but I'm planning to appear in advance in order to offer mum a helping hand. May be I'll bake. A carrot cake? Yummmmm.

Gosh! I just realised I should also pack! And due to my lousy effort in writing my thesis during the weekend I need to pack at least seven thick books with me.

I think I need to empty my head of all the thoughts about folk art so that I won't bring the images to my sleep. The lady I interviewed, an artist, is quite creepy. Some of her works are really eerie. Therefore I'd better find my mp3-player and listen to The Moomins for a while. The man reading the story has a nice, comforting voice...

Ei kommentteja: